Re: Quick problem getting the validator working

Hello,

Sorry, I gave a bad example, my linux command was just
supposed to show that no errors were being generated.

When I run lycos through my validator from the web
side, you will see this:

http://flash.isc-seo.upenn.edu:8000/validator/check.pl?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lycos.com

We know this has errors since we see them from the
w3.org validator:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lycos.com

When I run the source code through "onsgmls", I get
the following:

/usr/bin/onsgmls -D
/usr/local/validator/htdocs/sgml-lib -c sgml.soc -E0
-R -wvalid -wnon-sgml-char-ref -wno-duplicate <
lycos.html > lycos.out 2> lycos.err

Output:

http://flash.isc-seo.upenn.edu:8000/temp/lycos.err
http://flash.isc-seo.upenn.edu:8000/temp/lycos.out
http://flash.isc-seo.upenn.edu:8000/temp/lycos.html

Any ideas why the validator CGI is not parsing the
output correctly?  I have the right version of
onsgmls, so it should, do working onsgmls commands
produce similar outputs and errors?

Thanks,
Chris