Re: browser can see page but validator gets an error

On 26 Apr 2004, at 12:20, Claus Rosenberger wrote:
> i try to check an website but the validator gets an error all the time.
>
>  I got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve
> <http://www.rocnet.de/>:
>
>     500 Internal Server Error
>
> if i call the website with a browser i don't get any error, any ideas
> why?

It looks like that page is dynamically generated and depends on certain
http headers, but it doesn't exit cleanly if those headers are not
present. A 500 error is also found if one tries to download it using
wget.

Check the server logs (of rocnet.de) to see what error is record there.

--
David Dorward
      <http://dorward.me.uk/>