Re: WWW Validator: Bad Hostname for shlomif.il.eu.org

On Sunday 18 April 2004 16:10, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 18:09, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fshlomif.il.eu.org%2F
> >
> > This still isn't fixed, while linuxclub.il.eu.org validates perfectly
> > every time.
> >
> > Can someone please do something about it? _Please_...
>
> Well, I'm not a DNS expert but it looks like a DNS problem at your end
> to me.  I've tried running "host shlomif.il.eu.org" on many different
> servers in many different geographical locations; most of them just
> return "Host shlomif.il.eu.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)" always, while
> some of them first resolve it to 192.117.122.34 on the first run, but
> return the "not found" on subsequent ones.

Hmmm... guess it is a global problem. Have you tried the same for
linuxclub.il.eu.org? In any case, I'm talking with the il.eu.org hostmaster
about that and it is possible we have identfied the problem. It may take some
time until it is fixed.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif@iglu.org.il