Re: Supporting the OL tag in XHTML Strict 1.0

Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

>According to countless websites reported by Google, the OL tag is in the
>valid set of tags for XHTML strict 1.0.  However, my use of the OL tag
>in my website design reports a validation error.  I believe this to be a
>bug.  This issue is not reported in any online documentation directly or
>indirectly reachable by the Validation page.  Therefore, I have to
>assume that this is an oversight.
>
>You can reproduce this bug by going to my website at
>http://www.falvotech.com and clicking on the "XHTML 1.0" button at the
>bottom of the page.  It will claim the following error as a result:
>
>   1.  Line 67, column 6:  document type does not allow element "ol"
>here; missing one of "object", "ins", "del", "map", "button" start-tag
>
>     <ol>

I think this isn't a bug.

<ol> is not allowed within <p>.

Rick :-)

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.