Re: Feature Request: Send Accept header

Le jeu 27/03/2003 à 15:57, Jim Ley a écrit :
> "Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer" <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com> wrote in
> message news:200303270925.59692.Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com...
>
> >Instead of sending no Accept header I suggest sending the following accept
> >header as default:
> >Accept:
> >text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.1
>
> Please don't ever send any Accept header which prefers generic XML
> mime-types over more specific ones such as text/html . The validator is
> primarily an HTML validator, if you're validating XML then there are other
> more appropriate validators out there.

I agree we should not use text/xml over some more precise MIME-Type. I
propose the following Accept header:
application/xhtml+xml,text/html,application/svg+xml,application/xml,text/xml

I don't think we need "*/*;q=0.1" since the validator is not a generic
user-agent and will fail with any other mime-type I believe (I'm not
sure about this, though).

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org