Re: Newbie problems setting up validator

On 7 Aug 2003, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 17:24, Peter Burden wrote:
>
> > Can't load
> > '/export/home/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/auto/Text/Iconv/Iconv.so'
> > for module Text::Iconv: ld.so.1: /export/home/local/bin/perl: fatal:
> > libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory at
> > /export/home/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 229.,
> > at /export/home/local/util/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check line 53,
> >
> > I've run "make test" in the Text-Iconv build directory and that was OK.
> >
> > libgcc_s.so.1 does exist in the directory /export/home/local/lib and the
> > access rights
> > are OK
>
> I'm not a Solaris expert, shooting in the dark, but on Linux I'd first
> try out adding /export/home/local/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
> var (dunno what the corresponding one is on Solaris).

Solaris uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH too.

I'd want to ask the sysop *why* libgcc_s.so isn't in the system's
library search path in the first place.  You may have a mismatch
between different components of the system.

> Does "/export/home/local/bin/perl -MText::Iconv -e ''" work on the
> console?  If it does, it's probably got something to do with the way
> your Apache environment is configured.  See the SetEnv Apache
> directives.

Ah, indeed, that's Apache security.  It doesn't want to feed untrusted
library paths to CGI.  Adding a BEGIN{} to set it should also work
I think - so long as it happens before trying to load the lib.

--
Nick Kew

In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html