Re: I think I've found a file that fails & shouldn't

On Friday, Apr 18, 2003, at 11:27 Asia/Tokyo, David Thielen wrote:

> Ok, but again, then why does it fail it in the validator? I agree with
> everything you have said but I don't understand why the validator
> fails it
> in this case.

Take Liam's example:

Parse it...

	=> OK, paragraph opened and closed, we're done with that one
	=> OK, paragraph opened and closed, we're done with that one
	=> uh? what's that, closing a paragraph that doesn't exist?

So eventhough you think the <p> and </p> are balanced, if you add the
implied closing tags, they're not.

--
Olivier