Re: MathML validation

(no a[@target] in document type definition).

>Is that correct?

Yes, the validator reports an error :-)

>I ask because the service at http://valet.webthing.com:8000/ _doesn't_
>catch the target as an error.  And it didn't recognise your PUBLIC
>identifier, so it fetched the original DTDs from w3.org for the
>validation.
>
>Since it's a modular DTD, it is of course possible that the XML validator
>has an outdated module that _was_ resolved locally.  If so, I should
>really track it down!

The associated document type definition has a

  <!ATTLIST %a.qname; target CDATA #IMPLIED>

thus the document should validate. The W3C MarkUp Validator uses the
wrong document type definition for validation, the correct one is in
sgml-lib/UPD-MathML2-20021015 but not used anywhere (AFAICT).