Re: Beta: outline feature broken

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 08:23, Terje Bless wrote:

> Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> >http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?uri=http://www.w3.org;outline=1 is
> >said to give an outline of the document but it does not.
[...]
> But as Olivier said, this view is not universally shared among the
> developers and we're looking for beta feedback on this issue...

My vote goes to trusting the user, eg. behaving based on the options.

At least something needs to be done, currently eg. the "Show source"
option does practically nothing.  If a document doesn't validate, the
source is displayed, whether the option was selected or not [1].  And
the other way around if the document validates.

[1] Exception to the rule: if the doctype is not specified for a
    document, then the "Show source" checkbox works according to the
    choice.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi