Re: xhtml and lang=en identifier

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Bryan Archer wrote:

> I tried putting  <html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
> But that failed.

Two answers:
  (1) xml:lang
  (2)	The lang or xml:lang attribute isn't the only way to
	identify your natural language usage.

Oh, and a better answer
  (3) WTF did the WG think they were doing breaking the above?

> I want to make the page compatible with
> Bobby accessibility program

Wrong goal.  You want to make it compatible with accessibility
guidelines, not with a program known to have a range of defects.

> I have left the test page at
>
> http://www.macsvision.co.uk/test.html if you want to cast an eye

Looks good to me in Lynx (I deliberately didn't look with a
graphical browser), and doesn't trigger any serious warnings
in AccessValet.  So I'd say you've done a good job there.
But "p.s. Click on the logo ..." needs to be revised:
it's meaningless in the absence of a logo.

--
Nick Kew