Re: Two suggestions

Klaus Johannes Rusch <KlausRusch@atmedia.net> wrote:

>Craig Macbride wrote:
>>The fact that some people are used to the misspelling is irrelevant.
>>Most people who use your web site don't need to use HTTP specs directly
>>and may never even know about the misspelling. Someone unaware of the
>>HTTP mistake and just seeing your URL on links would think you're
>>idiots.

I suspect that attitude is allready well established. :-)

>>How hard would it be to have a URL to the correct spelling as well as
>>the incorrect one?
>
>Allowing both spellings IMHO would make sense, only using /referrer
>would not.

Ok, the alternate spelling is now also recognized (changed in will be in
the next version), but we still use /referer in the text.

--
"Frailty, thy name is woman!"                    - Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
                   See Project Gutenberg <URL:http://promo.net/pg/> for more.