Re: Suggestion for xhtml/html validation service

* Nathan Miller wrote:
>I use PHP on my website to dynamically generate a few portions of
>the page, such as a site menu.  When I attempt to validate
>(http://www.depere.k12.wi.us/District/board/members.php for example)
>I get the error that a required sub-elemnt of OPTGROUP is missing.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.depere.k12.wi.us/District/board/members.php

returns:
  "Congratulations, this document validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!"

(while it doesn't, the SYSTEM identifier in your document type
declaration points to a non-existent resource ('DTD/xhtml1-loose.dtd'),
I suggest to perform a simple HTTP HEAD request for the DTD (until we
switch to a real XML validator for XML documents) if it is unequal to
http://www.w3.org/..., XML 1.0 requires that SYSTEM identifiers point to
existing resources).

>The OPTION tags are part of the output from the PHP script execution
>and do in fact appear when the page loads.  When viewing the page
>source using the validator, it appears to simply ignore that output,
>(because it doesnt load the file as a browser does?)

It actually does.

I don't see any problem here...