Re: Validator Errors

On 05.04.01 at 12:30, Marie Taylor-Harper <marie@voyager.atc.fhda.edu>
wrote:

>RE: Uploaded Files in the HTML Validator
>
>I emailed the listserv a month or so back regarding validation errors.
>At that point in time the validator was giving one instance of an error
>even in there was multiple instances within the document for HTML 4.0
>Strict.

We still haven't been able to figure out what causes this (or even whether
or not this is an error or correct behaviour!), but it's on the list of
things we're looking into and trying to fix (or, possibly, document).

>Now I am finding that this is also occuring within HTML 4.0 Transitional
>when previously all errors, duplicate or not, were displayed in the
>results.

AFAIK, nothing has changed that would affect this and this was not the
behaviour I saw at the time. I'll try to look into this again as soon as
possible. If we can figure out why the behaviour changed for Transitional
maybe we can figure out what's going on in Strict too.

>Is there a solution to this since the lack of error results can be
>confusing to a "student" of HTML?

Nope, sorry. But if we can't find a real solution to this fairly soon I'll
at least document it somewhere so it's at least possible to figure out
what's going on.

>RE: CSS Validator

Not my table so I can't help you here.

>Sorry for the "dumb" questions,

No such thing as a... And besides, your questions appear to have this whole
list stumped so "stupid" isn't exactly the word I'd use. :-)

>but I am trying to put my lesson plans
>in order for my students for the coming quarter.

Make a note to mention that "Nobody is perfect!; even the W3C Validator
shouldn't be trusted _blindly_". :-)