From: www-validator-css-request+bounce-doug=perreault.us@listhub.w3.org <www-validator-css-request+bounce-doug=perreault.us@listhub.w3.org> On Behalf Of John A. Bilicki III
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 7:53 AM
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Subject: Validator failing to comprehend CSS Variables, CSS Variables inside of calc()

Greetings,

I don't regularly use the CSS validator however I needed another opinion and found that it failed miserably in regards to CSS variables.

I write very dynamic code so I'll often combine multiple bits as it saves me a lot of time. In this case CSS variables and calc():

.selector {height: calc(var(--option-height) * 1);}

This resulted in the following false error:

Value Error : height Parse Error

John