Validator failing to comprehend CSS Variables, CSS Variables inside of calc()

From: John A. Bilicki III <jab_creations@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 11:52:48 +0000 (UTC)
To: "www-validator-css@w3.org" <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Greetings,
I don't regularly use the CSS validator however I needed another opinion and found that it failed miserably in regards to CSS variables.
I write very dynamic code so I'll often combine multiple bits as it saves me a lot of time. In this case CSS variables and calc():

..selector {height: calc(var(--option-height) * 1);}
This resulted in the following false error:
Value Error : height Parse Error

John