Re: SVG properties

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 17:13:08 +0100
To: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
CC: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, www-svg@w3.org, W3C WWW Validator CSS <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Hello Jens,

> I'm not sure what to do with your response but if you're suggesting
> that *all* properties defined in SVG will ultimately make it into CSS
> modules

All properties in SVG are CSS properties. "Making it into a module" is
not a requirement.

Although, for properties that are not SVG-specific, or no longer
SVG-specific, they often do get rewritten into a CSS module.

> *and* that that means that they will also, guaranteed, be
> supported by the CSS validator, then thanks for the affirmation :)

There is in general no direct link between what the CSS validator
decides to support and where  property is defined. If you want to see
a particular property supported in the CSS validator (for one of their
preset choices, as they have several) then suggest it to them.

If a property is implemented and the validator says it is invalid,
that most likely means the validator is wrong. There is no guarantee
that the CSS validator is fully up to date.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain