Re: ATVEF uri

Philipp-

Excellent question.  I am pushing ATVEF that this be addressed as part of
an overall standardization effort of all the items in the spec.

Any help W3C would like to offer on this topic (pointer to the old DOM0
document that was previously there at W3C, or other legacy DOM0 work) to
help us define it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
	Mike

At 06:22 PM 2/21/99 +0100, Philipp Hoschka wrote:

>the new ATVEF 1.1 spec (dated 2 Feb) is at
>
>http://www.atvef.com/atvef_spec/TVE-public-1-1r26.htm
>
>one question: the ATVEF spec says:
>
>Mandatory support is required for the following standard
>specifications:

>- DOM 0
>

>The W3C DOM rec states
>
>"The term "DOM Level 0" refers to a mix (not formally specified)
>of HTML document functionalities offered by Netscape
>Navigator version 3.0 and Microsoft Internet Explorer version 3.0.
>In some cases, attributes or methods have been
>included for reasons of backward compatibility with "DOM Level 0"."
>
>Given that DOM level 0 is not formally specified, how can one
>test whether it is supported in ATVEF ?
>
>On 15/02/1999, Ted Wugofski <Ted.Wugofski@OTMP.com>  wrote:
>>You might want to look at the latest ATVEF specification (1.1), which
>>provides a new and improved URI system.  Off the top of my head, the URL
>>is http://www.atvef.com
>>
>>Ted

>>Ted Wugofski         voice: +1 817 285 1853
>>Gateway              fax:   +1 817 285 9567
>>
>>mailto:ted.wugofski@otmp.com
>>http://www.gateway.com

Michael A. Dolan, Representing DIRECTV,  (619)445-9070
PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903        FAX: (619)445-6122