Re: HTTP/1.1 Chunked Transfer Encoding

On 24/10/2003 11:13:30 "Virgin" wrote:

>The idea is to allow applications to use continuous/importunate links
ahead
>of  header origination, it looks as if a conked out chunk is your problem.
>Also is both the encoder and the decoder linked animatedly (Stream Pipe
>Builder )?
>
>Ahmed Mohamed Bagi

Hi,

I think so too, but a colleague (and an HTTP/1.1 client he is using)
disagree - that is, the client is throwing away the 'upper' HTTP headers
and using the ones inside the chunk, thus the XML is being passed
'correctly'.

We are not using libwww so I don't think stream pipe builder is relevant.

Thanks!

Michael

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 - calls may be recorded or
monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only. If received
in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not
responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration by a third party
after it is sent.