Re: URLs and double byte characters (unicode)

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> That's news to me. My Mozilla does the following. Typing the URI
> http://localhost:99/björn into the address bar the browser requests
>
>   GET /bj%F6rn HTTP/1.1
>
> That's ISO-8859-1 or a compatible encoding.

Oh, my bad. I assumed we were talking about form submissions.  It is
possible I am mistaken even for those cases, though.

For links, if they are invalid (i.e. not correctly escaped), I believe
Mozilla will use the document encoding to form the URIs.

As I said, though, there is no spec (to my knowledge) that defines this.