Re: Enforce reloading of page when using the back-button

Christian Bøhn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to make the browser reload a page from server when the
> back-button is used.

Umm... I suppose there are relevant hacks; maybe even standard
techniques. But would you please assure us that you understand
how inconvenient this is for users, and that you have a darned
good reason for doing this, before we discuss the technical
details?

	"The Top Ten New Mistakes of Web Design

	The "top ten" design mistakes I identified in 1996 are still bad for
	Web usability and are still found on many websites. So in that sense,
	not much has changed over the last three years.

	But unfortunately new Web technology and new applications for the Web
	have introduced an entirely new class of mistakes. Here
	are the ten worst.

	1. Breaking or Slowing Down the Back Button
	[...] "

	-- Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox, May 30, 1999
	http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990530.html