Re: linking in frames

hiya

a possibly less clumsy solution to your 'deep-link' problem would be
to have some server-side process generate the frameset dynamically
depending on parameters in the request.

for example:

http://your-server/frameset.cgi?maincontent=specificpage.html

such a cgi (or other) program to generate the frameset document would
be trivial to implement in perl, php, asp, jsp, etc ...

alternatively if you do not have an environment where you can run
server-side processes, you can write javascript code in the frameset
html page which will parse out the name and value pairs from the query
string and then use document.write() to generate the <FRAME> tag.

good luck
igor.

--
<?> Internet applications consulting & development
<e> igor@forefrontconsulting.co.uk