From: christian@recro.hr
To: www-talk@w3.org
Date: Thursday, April 17, 1997 12:54 AM
Subject: Password Authentication on IIS

Does someone have expirience with seting up password authentication on
MS IIServer?
So far, I got to creating a user on NT server, and then including this
ASP source:
<%
If Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") = "" Then
      Response.Status = "401 access denied"
End If
%>
But creating NT server users just for web authentication could be a
serious security hole.
Is there a way to do it like on NCSA httpd?
Of course I could implement my own scripts and encryption algorithms,
but why reinvent
the wheel if someone already done it.

Tnx in advance

--