Re: About URNs and Meta content

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, didier ph martin wrote:

> typing for Meta Content (also called profiles). We came with a new spec
> which is located at http://www.netfolder.com/SDK/index.htm.

Re.   MCF embedded into a HTML file, since DC is settling on
(with some wrangling about where to put SCHEME)
and we already have well-established
I thought perhaps one might use e.g.
In the comment version (waiting on new tags), it's hard to see how
to parse the MCF distinct from random comments, JavaScript, etc.

In the mail-header version there's nothing to identify the
X-info as MCF, to distinguish it from all the other stuff like
X-Mailer, X-Comment, X-Face, X-Report-Type etc. that turns up in my
mailbox.  How about  X-MCF.TocOf  etc. ?

Re. http transport; correspondance I have had from Roy Fielding suggests
that one shouldn't invent arbitrary random HTTP headers; the
"X-" convention is undefined in RFC 2068.

Meanwhile, some DC people say they're going to move to PICS or XML
in a year or two, and I thought I was confused enough already ... :-}

Andrew Daviel
TRIUMF/Vancouver Webpages