Re: Mirror Negotiation

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Chanda Dharap wrote:

> I remember there were studies that showed proxy caching was not much
> of an improvement. Cannot remember references right away, but one of
> them was DEC's Proxy caching study , it appeared in one of the first
> WWW conferences.

Thinking about the usage at my school, I tend to agree with you that
there's not a stunning improvement.  However, popular pages (like the
fron of Yahoo) can take advantage of the caching.

It also depends whether the browser does any caching.  Because of the way
lynx is (mis)configured on my home machine, every document I load
requires slow network activity...

nemo
                                                 http://www.cyclic.com/~nemo
<nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>                    <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
"...For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  -- Mathew 9:13