Re: custom authentication functions

Darren New said:

> On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Brandon Long wrote:
> > There is a one line code change in most versions of NCSA HTTPd (at least
> > 1.3 - 1.5) to make it pass the Authorization header through to CGI scripts.
> > Remove the line in get_http_headers() in the strcasecmp(Authorization)
> > section which says continue;.  This will cause the code to fall through
> > and make the HTTP header into a CGI environment variable.
>
> Thank you for the clue. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but I didn't
> see that one in there anywhere. Now, if only doing that was legal, I'd be
> happy, but I haven't been able to get anyone from NCSA to quote me a
> price for a license for distributing a modified version of the server.
>
> --
>  Darren New / Dir. of Custom Software Design / First Virtual Holdings Inc.
> Anyone can buy and sell information over the internet for real money TODAY!
>   http://www.fv.com or info@fv.com  -=|=-  PGP key: finger dnew@yuan.fv.com
>       This message brought to you by the letter T, and the number 1.

Darren,
	Last I new (Feb 26, 1996) we were waiting for you to give us some
dates when you and whoever you needed from First Virtual were available for
a conference call discussion of your needs and pricing.  Since then we've
decided that in general the licensing contracts were too small to privately
negotiate each one (University overhead being what it is).  We are currently
working with the University legal department to get a generic contract
approved.  Until all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, I don't think I
can give you much more information.  We hope this process will only take a
few more weeks, but alot depends on how the lawyers liked our wording.

	-Beth

--
		Elizabeth(Beth) Frank
		NCSA Server Development Team