Re: Graphics capabilities

In message <199607161525.LAA19084@copernicus.bbn.com>, Peter Davis writes:
>I'm looking
>for up-to-date information on any efforts to define/extend graphics
>capabilities for the Web.  Any pointers to relevant documents, archives,
>discussions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

From the W3C perspective, the home of this set of issues is:

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Graphics/

Chris Lilley is the contact point. Hmmm... seems he hasn't touched
that overview hardly at all. I know he revised the activity statement:

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Graphics/Activity

The latest buzz is PNG. Joe-bob says: check it out!

>Please pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to this mailing list.
>
>Again, my apologies if this is inappropriate for this list.

Not at all. In fact, this list is explicity documented as
a forum for discussion of graphics issues:

Background and Discussion

www-talk

Technical questions and proposals about graphics and the web are
discussed here. Be sure to do your homework before posting! You might
find some messages discussing graphics by searching/browsing the
archive. Keep an eye out for Chris Lilley, who seems to have a lot of
experience with graphics and hypermedia technology and standards.

Dan