Re: Microsoft IE -- it just gets better and better

On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, BearHeart / Bill Weinman wrote:

> At 11:50 am 1/29/96 PST, Larry Masinter spake:
> >Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance.
>
>    Normally, I agree with that. But this can't be explained
> by ignorance.

Maybe it can. Perhaps Microsoft has yet to RTFM on Content Negotiation:
i.e. for all they know, fiddling with User-Agent *is* Content Negotiation.

>    What content were they missing by identifying themselves
> as Moz/1.22 that they get as Moz/2.0b3 that they can even
> render??

They can't be seen not to support something. So, right now, the rendering
failures are (transient) "bugs", to be rectified in future releases. And
if they're truly confused about CN (no surprise, that), then in their own
clueless way they can say "Sure, we do support CN!".

Has anyone checked what "Accept:" header lines are sent out?

Regards,

Arjun