Re: User authentication

From: Martin Hamilton <martin@mrrl.lut.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 07 May 1995 17:02:30 +0100
To: www-talk@w3.org

Dmitry Mishin writes:

| Now we have a bad mailto implementation (required) and bad newsreader
| implementation (not strongly required). Doubtfully some more bad
| implementations are needed.

Sure - but if you are going to implement (say) mailto support in your browser, ought you not to at least make a token(!) effort to find out whether the user is who they're claiming to be ?

Plus, the scenario I outlined hardly adds virtually no new code to the browser. Is this more or less worthwhile than <blink> ... </blink> ? :-)

Martin