Re: Compuserve's Web browser

From: Betsy Dunphy <betsy@aesir.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 95 16:43:22 -0400
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org

Well, I just loaded the Compuserve browser on my box with little
side effects.  I have numerous browsers loaded including Mosaic,
Netscape, EMosaic, etc. and none were adversely affected.  What did
happen - AND THE INSTALL SOFTWARE LET YOU KNOW THAT THIS WAS
HAPPENING - was that all of the winsock.dll's that it could find
were renamed to winsock.000. Matter of fact, if I recall you had to
click OK for the rename to occur. Unfortunately (or fortunately
depending on your point of view :-) it did not load another
winsock.dll into any of those directories like /windows.  So I
simply renamed all of those winsock.000 back to winsock.dll.

No problems - all of the various browsers that I use were
unaffected by the install.  I do like the Compuserve Browser - ok I
know that it is Spry Mosaic.  Since compuserve bought Spry, I guess
they can call it anything they want!

What bothers me about the message is how folks are wanting to sue
at the drop of a hat.  grumble... grumble....

-betsy
Betsy Dunphy                             Voice: (703) 406-4440
Aesir Computing, Inc.                    FAX: (703) 406-8061
email: bld@aesir.com                     www: http://www.aesir.com/