Re: Midi MIME Type

From: Hans de Wolf <hdewolf@fss.fokker.nl>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 09:07:17 +0100
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
>> Is there a MIME Content-Type for files following the General MIDI standard?
>> It seems to me there ought to be.  Any comments?

>c) it's only useful if there are 'helper apps' for most platforms that
>actually take such a file and do something interesting with it. I've
>not been able to find any simple 'MIDI-play' utilities that are
>generic enough to work for the wide variety of MIDI gear. Have you?

I am not sure about other platforms, but the Mac contains Midi support
through QuickTime 2.0 - no external Midi equipment needed. I think that I
have read somewhere that QuickTime 2.0 will also become available for
Windows soon.

--
Hans de Wolf - Fokker Space & System B.V. - Business Unit Payloads & Science
PO Box 32070, 2303 DB Leiden, Netherlands -            hdewolf@fss.fokker.nl