Re: browser enhancement suggestion

From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 17:11:44 MST
To: brian@wired.com
Cc: www-talk@www10.w3.org

Re: cron-like feature built into www browsers.

I like the idea, but this could be seen as overloading the
browser.

A far more useful (IMO) approach, is one which I've seen dicsussed
on these "the future of computers" type TV shows -  one where you
have a program dedicated to doing this kind of slave robot work.

I'd be happier to have a separate system that I could tell to
fire up Netscape at 2am to go check on the weather forecast for
the day, or to run myapp to destroy all files that more than a week old
in my wastebasket.

All this could be possible with a user-fiendly interface to cron, with
no overloading of www clients.

rob