What all does html support?

From: Rupesh Kapoor <rupesh@henna.iitd.ernet.in>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 14:57:04 +0530 (IST)
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
Hi,
	It's amazing to find more syntax being supported by these browsers
each day. For instance, when I converted a MSWord document into text only
form today, was shocked to see netscape 1.0 correctly interpreting octal
codes like \225, \227 etc as bullets, regd & copyright symbols.

	Can anyone supply me a pointer to the exact set of such symbols
supported by these browsers? Of particular interest are Mosaic & netscape
1.{0,1}

Thanxall
Rupesh