Re: Site specific indexing...

From: David J. Wang <wang_dj@gdb.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 08:48:37 -0500 (EST)
To: rupesh@henna.iitd.ernet.in
Cc: www-talk@www10.w3.org
> 	Is anyone aware of a site specific indexing application? ... An
> application that will update an index of html docs every nite, but only
> at my site. It should aso have a searchable frontend.
>
> 	We're willing to pay a reasonable amount for the stuff.

Don't pay anything -- take a look at glimpse.  It's availabe at
ftp://ftp.cs.arizona.edu/glimpse.  If you want to take a look at it at
work, try http://infonet.welch.jhu.edu/system_search.html  or take a
look at Harvest (sorry, I have no idea what the URL is).

David

--
David J. Wang               http://gdbdoc.gdb.org/~djw
mailto:djw@gdb.org          http://infonet.welch.jhu.edu/