From: *Jason A. Novak* <jnovak@apple.com <mailto:jnovak@apple.com>>
Date: Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 12:46 PM
Subject: Consolidating PING Privacy Guidance
To: Tara Whalen <tjwhalen@gmail.com <mailto:tjwhalen@gmail.com>>,
Christine Runnegar <runnegar@isoc.org <mailto:runnegar@isoc.org>>
Cc: Nick Doty <npdoty@ischool.berkeley.edu
<mailto:npdoty@ischool.berkeley.edu>>

Hi Tara and Christine -

Nick and I were working through the Gamepad API action items from the
last call, and, in doing so, realized that we had 9 different documents
that we could folks to as they develop their specifications:

     https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/Privacy_Considerations
     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/Privacy_Considerations>
     https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/
     <https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/>
     https://www.w3.org/TR/fingerprinting-guidance/
     <https://www.w3.org/TR/fingerprinting-guidance/>
     https://w3c.github.io/privacy-considerations/
     <https://w3c.github.io/privacy-considerations/>
     http://yrlesru.github.io/SPA/
     https://cdn.rawgit.com/w3c/ping/master/privacy-questions.html
     <https://cdn.rawgit.com/w3c/ping/master/privacy-questions.html>
     https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy_and_security_questionnaire
     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy_and_security_questionnaire>
     https://gnorcie.github.io/ping-privacy-questions/
     <https://gnorcie.github.io/ping-privacy-questions/>
     https://w3ctag.github.io/security-questionnaire/
     <https://w3ctag.github.io/security-questionnaire/>

There appears to be a lot of overlap between them and there’s not a
clear “this document is the one to follow” — while the TAG one certainly
is the most “definitive”, it also hasn’t been updated since 2015.

I think that at TPAC last fall, we had a discussion about consolidating
these documents and issuing an update.  Can we put that on the agenda
for the next PING call?

Thanks!
Jason