Re: Foreign-fecth: Was: Proposal: Uniting the Web and "App" worlds

> On 17 Sep 2015, at 05:16, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2015-09-16 20:55, Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:
>
> > what you're asking for is not really the client side API for this,
> > but some standardized (hopefully cross browser) way to implement
> > the native side of this. Maybe some standardized way a native application
> > could register itself with a webbrowser to handle certain actions from websites?
> > I know various people have been thinking about this problem space, although I'm
> > not quite sure what the current status of that is. And there have of course been
> > various attempts in the past. Actually standardizing something of how a browser
> > interacts with the native operating system is of course complicated.
>
> > I'm not quite convinced yet that it is something that makes sense to do,
> > although it certainly seems like an area worth exploring.
>
> You don't have to go particularly far to find a "customer" :-)
> https://www.android.com/pay/
>
> A Wallet that doesn't work on the Web is simply put "lame", isn't it?

yes, nothing says that the Web is limited to html though.
The Semantic Web allows all kinds of native applications, including
mobile apps to participate in the web by consuming and producing
linked data. Protocols like LDP can be a good place to start.

http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Main_Page