Re: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM, David Sheets <sheets@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> If you insist on calling a set of browsers the web platform, please
> include web servers, deployed software, and development libraries
> which also implement the standards you seek to achieve.
>
> I say this because there are been shockingly little discussion on this
> list regarding convergence of libraries or deployed systems.

It is exactly the URLs that servers emit, e.g. through Location, that
browsers need to deal with. We also know that curl/wget want to parse
URLs the same way as browsers precisely because of this phenomenon.
Yes, they are all intertwined and the parsing details leak.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/