RE: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 21:06:10 +0000
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net]

> I appreciate that you have other things to do; meanwhile what would you suggest for people who do have time to contribute and would very much like to see the specification more accurately reflect what works?

I can't speak for Anne, but personally, my strategy would be:

1. Figure out what modifications it would take to the parsing algorithm to make your hot pink rows into pale green or gold. Unless they are *exceedingly* complicated, I imagine Anne would accept a pull request for those.
2. Start submitting patches to browsers in order to get the pale red rows to match the URL standard.
3. Alternate between these two activities based on how many rows in the table you can manage to fix with one pull request or patch.