Re: Forced Resignation

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 00:26:28 -0600
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Public TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> The rule I assume is to prevent a company though becoming a dominant
> force, or appearing to. While we can discuss the relative merits of
> this rule, I'd point out that Alex you are at a company which others
> could certainly imagine ending up in a dominant position. It has have
> a lot of good people and often acquires other companies which have
> good people. This would be good discussion for the AB or the AC.
>
> I agree personally that you would be a big loss for the TAG.

+1. I may disagree with Alex on most things, but speaking as a Web
entrepreneur, I'd hate to have a TAG whose members agreed with me on
everything, so I do appreciate Alex's positions as food for thought.

OTOH, I do feel marginalized to the point where I no longer care to
comment on non-political aspects of Web architecture, as I feel my
architectural comments are no longer welcome here as I don't have an
e-mail addy from Google, Apple, M$, et al. "Corporate Capture" isn't
just a government phenomenon, IMHO it applies to W3C/TAG also.

-Eric