Re: XHR vs JSON, was: Next Steps on JSON + Proposed TAG Resolution

* Julian Reschke wrote:
>On 2013-10-18 14:07, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> I do not see how a request from the W3C TAG as the one above will
>> improve anything for the JSON community. The TAG's resources would be
>> better spent trying to unify the many subtly different JSON variants. A
>> useful start would be working with W3C's Web Applications Working Group
>> so their XMLHttpRequest specification does not define a JSON variant of
>> its own, possibly through coordinating with the IETF JSON WG. That would
>> be useful to the JSON community as it would avoid situations where some
>> content works fine with XMLHttpRequest but not with other processors.
>
>Interesting. Are you referring to
><https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#json-response-entity-body>?
>Possibly step 1?

In part, yes. `data:application/json,%EF%BB%BF%5B%5D` is an example of a
byte sequence that's accepted by the XMLHttpRequest proposal even though
it's not a proper application/json entity as defined by RFC 4627. I have
written about that and the other differences in detail on the JSON WG's
mailing list; `site:ietf.org inurl:json "Hoehrmann" "XMLHttpRequest"` is
likely to find the relevant messages.