Re: Request that the WG reconsider section 3.4: Content Negotiation

What I said in reply to Julian :-).

> Reactive negotiation is very common; formats are coming up with
> mechanisms for it all the time (e.g., the work on srcset, etc. in
> the W3C web perf WG).

I'm still looking for a _single_ example of user agent support for
reactive conneg _at the HTTP level_.  srcset, as far as I can see, has
entirely HTML-language-level semantics, and has nothing to do with
HTTP.  It also, at first glance anyway, seems to be exactly the kind
of conneg anti-pattern which got such a bad review from the HTTP WG in
the thread on Mike Kelly's suggestions about changing the semantics in
HTML of a/@type and/or adding a/@accept, starting at [1].

ht

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0527.html
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk