Re: Revisiting Authoritative Metadata (was: The failure of Appendix C as a transition technique)

On 01/03/2013 03:04 , Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Robin Berjon wrote:
>> I would support the TAG revisiting the topic of Authoritative Metadata,
>> but with a view on pointing out that it is an architectural antipattern.
>> Information that is essential and authoritative about the processing of
>> a payload should be part of the payload and not external to it. Anything
>> else is brittle and leads to breakage.
>
> That may be desired. Content Security Policies for instance are meant to
> "break" some code injection attacks against generated payloads. They are
> essential and authoritative, and putting them into payloads would defeat
> their purpose to a considerable extent

Indeed, but the difference here is that CSP is metadata attached to a
resource, whereas the content type really describes the representation.

I think that may provide a useful operative distinction for improving
this finding.