RE: AWWW second edition, maybe -- terminology

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 08:51:29 -0700
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
CC: www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
HTTPbis is in last call. Renaming 'resource' would be a major editing task, rewriting
text that has been reviewed countless times in service of a change that makes
no normative difference and is based on nothing more than personal preference.

I've frequently argued that the term 'resource' is wishful thinking

http://masinter.blogspot.com/2010/03/resources-are-angels-urls-are-pins.html

"Sometimes, when you're dealing with a hard subject in a committee, you wind up with a "bike shed" discussions (see Parkinson's Law of Triviality). In the case of URLs, I think the "bike shed" is and has been the terminology -- people argue about what to call things, rather than harder things to talk about, like how it works and what the requirements are."