W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > July 2013

Re: Draft Minutes TAG telcon 2013-07-25

From: Konstantinov Sergey <twirl@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:32:19 +0400
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
Message-Id: <108721374823939@webcorp2e.yandex-team.ru>
I'm terribly sorry for the absence, I was unable to participate due to family reasons.

26.07.2013, 02:04, "Jeni Tennison" <jeni@jenitennison.com>:
> The draft minutes from today's TAG telcon are available at
>
> ššhttp://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2013/07/25-minutes.html
>
> and reproduced in text form below.
>
> Jeni
> ----
>
> ššš[1]W3C
>
> šššššš[1] http://www.w3.org/
>
> ššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššš- DRAFT -
>
> ššššššššššššššTechnical Architecture Group Teleconference
>
> 25 Jul 2013
>
> ššš[2]Agenda
>
> šššššš[2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TAG/Planning/2013-07-25-TC
>
> šššSee also: [3]IRC log
>
> šššššš[3] http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc
>
> Attendees
>
> šššPresent
> ššššššššššPeter, Dan, Jeni, Tim, Alex, Marcos, Yves
>
> šššRegrets
> ššššššššššHenry, Thompson
>
> šššChair
> ššššššššššPeter Linss
>
> šššScribe
> ššššššššššJeni Tennison
>
> Contents
>
> ššššš* [4]Topics
> ššššššššš1. [5]Peter
> ššššššššš2. [6]Dan
> ššššššššš3. [7]Marcos
> ššššššššš4. [8]Alex
> ššššššššš5. [9]Tim
> ššššššššš6. [10]Yves
> ššššššššš7. [11]Jeni
> ššššššššš8. [12]AOB
> ššššš* [13]Summary of Action Items
> ššššš__________________________________________________________
>
> ššš<trackbot> Date: 25 July 2013
>
> ššš<scribe> Scribe: Jeni Tennison
>
> ššš<scribe> ScribeNick: JeniT
>
> šššplinss: we'll go round the room
> ššš... slightlyoff, do we have minutes from the other week?
>
> šššslightlyoff: I'll get them in, sorry
>
> Peter
>
> šššplinss: no work on github syncing, but set up repo for website
> šššredesign
>
> Dan
>
> šššdka: updated actions, outreach to web apps WG (Chaals) very
> šššreceptive to collaborative session around Promises
> ššš... we're starting to get a reputation for the TAG being the
> šššplace to go to ask for guidance on the use of Promises
> ššš... which we wanted
> ššš... we discussed doing a F2F meet up with Art when meeting in
> šššBoston
> ššš... I'm going to follow up with Art & hope for a good session
> šššthen
> ššš... don't think we want to do anything before Boston, but open
> šššto suggestions
> ššš... next F2F is sooner than we think
>
> šššmarcosc: should we be dealing with the Promises stuff?
> ššš... or should we post to script-coord list?
>
> šššslightlyoff: we should lay down neutral guidance
> ššš... the crypto guys asked who should deal with it, can do it
> šššpersonally
>
> ššš<marcosc> [14]https://github.com/w3ctag/promises-spec-text
>
> ššššš[14] https://github.com/w3ctag/promises-spec-text
>
> šššmarcosc: we're going to get more and more questions
>
> šššslightlyoff: not next call but one after I will have something
> šššdone in that area
>
> ššš<marcosc> I've just updated the README.MD quickly
> ššš[15]https://github.com/w3ctag/promises-spec-text/blob/master/RE
> šššADME.md
>
> ššššš[15] https://github.com/w3ctag/promises-spec-text/blob/master/README.md
>
> šššdka: the other thing I've progressed is getting Anssi from
> šššIntel to come in
> ššš... tangentially, Larry & Ashok collaborated on a blog post
>
> ššš<dka> [16]https://twitter.com/w3ctag/status/360077819939794945
>
> ššššš[16] https://twitter.com/w3ctag/status/360077819939794945
>
> šššdka: I tweeted from the TAG account
> ššš... it's a follow-on around the publishing & linking document
> ššš... we're not going to do anything further, it's just a matter
> šššof amplifying
>
> Marcos
>
> šššmarcosc: I did a review of the orientation lock API
> ššš... ended up rewriting parts of the spec
> ššš... working to get changes integrated
>
> ššš<marcosc> [17]https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues/7
>
> ššššš[17] https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues/7
>
> šššmarcosc: some of the things still stand, particularly moving to
> šššPromises model
> ššš... I'd appreciate further comment from TAG members
>
> ššš<Yves> you got a +1 from me ;)
>
> šššslightlyoff: I'll take a look at that this week
>
> ššš<Yves> apart from the 'should' part
>
> šššmarcosc: I might have a chance to push the changes before you
> ššštake a look
> ššš... it's a short spec
> ššš... took me one hour
> ššš... a review won't take long
>
> Alex
>
> šššslightlyoff: spent more time on web audio review
> ššš... think the draft is good to go, want feedback
> ššš... fielded request for review from XX
>
> ššš<dka> +1 to posting it to the public audio forum
>
> šššslightlyoff: to make sure things are in line & invite them to a
> šššcall
> ššš... at TC39 I'm going to try to broach the topic of TPAC
>
> šššmarcosc: it's great to see developers sending feedback on web
> šššaudio
>
> ššš<dka> Agree
>
> šššmarcosc: I saw people tweet about it too, which I think was
> šššreally cool
>
> šššslightlyoff: I'm excited about it too
> ššš... but the longer it sits in our repo without sending it on,
> šššit could reflect badly
> ššš... anyone opposed to sending it?
>
> šššplinss: good to go
>
> ššš<marcosc> SHIP IT!!!!
>
> šššplinss: send it
>
> ššš<Yves> +1
>
> šššslightlyoff: I'll do that today
>
> ššštimbl: can we have a pointer for the minutes?
>
> ššš<plinss>
> ššš[18]https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/blob/master/2013/07/
> šššWebAudio.md
>
> ššššš[18] https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/blob/master/2013/07/WebAudio.md
>
> ššš<timbl> "the somewhat liberal use of SHOULD in that spec is
> šššgoing to lead to user agents doing bad things" yes
>
> šššRESOLUTION: Send the feedback Alex has drafted over to Web
> šššAudio working group (officially).
>
> Tim
>
> ššštimbl: I haven't done a lot of TAG-related stuff
> ššš... there have been discussions within W3C about dependencies
> šššbetween specs
> ššš... the TAG might be asked to get involved
> ššš... about whether one spec can move forward when a referenced
> šššspec doesn't
> ššš... a guide about when it's a good idea and when not, an
> šššenumeration of different cases, could be useful
> ššš... we might get pinged on that
>
> ššš<dka> on dependencies - I took ACTION-820 at some point but I
> šššhave not followed up on it yet...
>
> šššdka: I need to contact AB about this, is this something we
> šššshould do?
> ššš... should we be proactive?
>
> ššštimbl: I think it's good to say that we're willing to pick it
> šššup if we need to
>
> Yves
>
> šššYves: I reviewed the marcosc review, which was good
> ššš... for HTTP 2.0, I put my thoughts on the mailing list
> ššš... it's another kind of serialisation and use of the network
> šššfor HTTP 1.1
> ššš... not different architecturally
> ššš... the major change is the possibility of doing server push
> ššš... which is defined in the spec as a way to send replies that
> šššcontain additional resources
> ššš... such as the icons/CSS related to a page
> ššš... so the client doesn't have to request them
> ššš... that's one thing in HTTP 2.0 that isn't in HTTP 1.1 and
> šššmight have architectural implications
> ššš... part of the HTTP effort was to look at being able to change
> šššthe transport
> ššš... HTTP 2.0 is built with that information from HTTPbis in
> šššmind
> ššš... so they can reference the relevant part of HTTPbis
> ššš... for everything that's connection-related, like compression,
> šššit's just implementation detail
> ššš... it doesn't change the semantic
>
> ššš<dka> Somewhat relevant (as it involves SPDY and also the
> šššconcept of split browsing which the TAG has touched on before)
> šššinteresting to note Google's plans to implement network-based
> šššcompression proxy for Chrome for IOS /Android - I blogged here:
> ššš[19]http://www.torgo.com/blog/2013/07/data-compression-proxy.ht
> šššml
>
> ššššš[19] http://www.torgo.com/blog/2013/07/data-compression-proxy.html
>
> šššdka: is there a reason to draft a document of feedback in the
> šššsame way as we've done for WebAudio?
>
> šššYves: it's not feedback, but just what the differences are and
> šššwhat the implication is for architecture
> ššš... what's the implication of being able to do push?
> ššš... it's more a list for us
>
> šššdka: what about a blog post?
>
> šššYves: I can do that
>
> ššš<dka> ACTION: Yves to write a blog post on http 2.0. [recorded
> šššin [20]http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc]
>
> ššššš[20] http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc
>
> ššš<trackbot> Created ACTION-823 - Write a blog post on http 2.0.
> ššš[on Yves Lafon - due 2013-08-01].
>
> Jeni
>
> šššJeniT: I've asked Phil Archer to talk to the TAG ACTION-806 -
> šššhe can make it next week.
>
> šššdka: Yes I think makes sense.
>
> šššJeniT: I sent the draft around httpr***-** stuff...
> ššš... My aim for next week is to create an outline for capability
> šššURLs document.
>
> šššdka: Please ask Phil to post an intro to the TAG mailing list
> šššas well.
>
> šššJeniT: sure
>
> ššš<slightlyoff> sorry to drop off the call
>
> AOB
>
> šššplinss: aob?
>
> šššdka: is there anything we can do to accelerate the web design
> šššstuff?
> ššš... should we investigate other options?
>
> ššš<slightlyoff> can anyone advise me on how/when we might be able
> šššto invite the Crypto folks to present?
>
> ššš<slightlyoff> 2 weeks from now?
>
> šššplinss: other people?
>
> ššš<slightlyoff> do folks prefer that I work up feedback before or
> šššafter?
>
> šššplinss: we just need to decide what the page needs to contain
>
> šššdka: shall we put that in a README in the github repo you
> šššcreated?
>
> šššplinss: yes
>
> ššš<dka> ACTION: DKA to add some ideas to the tag-site-redesign
> šššreadme file.. [recorded in
> ššš[21]http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc]
>
> ššššš[21] http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc
>
> ššš<trackbot> Created ACTION-824 - Add some ideas to the
> ššštag-site-redesign readme file.. [on Daniel Appelquist - due
> ššš2013-08-01].
>
> šššplinss: ADJOURNED
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> ššš[NEW] ACTION: DKA to add some ideas to the tag-site-redesign
> šššreadme file.. [recorded in
> ššš[22]http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc]
> ššš[NEW] ACTION: Yves to write a blog post on http 2.0. [recorded
> šššin [23]http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc]
>
> ššššš[22] http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc
> ššššš[23] http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tagmem-irc
>
> ššš[End of minutes]
> ššššš__________________________________________________________
>
> ššššMinutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
> šššš1.137 ([25]CVS log)
> šššš$Date: 2013-07-25 22:00:55 $
>
> ššššš[24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
> ššššš[25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
> --
> Jeni Tennison
> http://www.jenitennison.com/

-- 
Konstantinov Sergey
Yandex Maps API Development Team Lead
http://api.yandex.com/maps/
Received on Friday, 26 July 2013 07:32:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:56:58 UTC