Re: TAG Decision on Rescinding the request to the HTML WG to develop a polyglot guide

Henri Sivonen, Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:16:22 +0200:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> I think users of BlueGriffon would get more value if you focused on
> the editing features and didn’t sink time into polyglot.
   [ . . . ]
>> Since an
>> editor like mine can edit all flavors of html, it still needs to
>> output the xml declaration for xhtml
>
> Not if you always output XML as UTF-8, which you should, since UTF-16
> makes no sense for interchange and UTF-8 is the only other encoding
> guaranteed by XML to be supported.
>
> I think the best solution would be to ignore polyglot and not support
> it, though. Then it’s OK to emit the XML declaration in XML.

Daniel, my personal preference would be that authors would have to
*uncheck* [x] Polyglot so that BlueGriffon would default to creating
HTML-conforming XHTML5.  And this also seems to be what Henri wants
when he puts aside all the points he wants to make first.
--
leif halvard silli