Re: Media typing of fragments

On Mon, 7 May 2012, Robin Berjon wrote:

>> Certainly that first paragraph is paraphrasing RFC 3986, not providing
>> a narrowed view relating to media fragments. So, if what's intended is
>> the narrower reading you suggest, I think it needs to be worded much
>> more clearly. In context, it appears to be a tutorial on Web
>> architecture, as the first paragraph seems to be in any case.
>
> I don't think that it is intended as a tutorial on Web architecture
> (which would be a strange thing to include there), rather I think that
> they are explaining how one chooses between the two large options they
> standardise to access media fragments. It is built on existing
> architecture but does not (re)define it.

It is definitely not a clarification of the URI spec, but as Robin pointed
out, something relative to media fragments only (and in that case to video
media fragments). It is still time to request a clarification to the WG,
as some other clarifications/editorial changes were made in the PR phase
(and even a bit after).

         ~~Yves