Re: Comments on draft "baseline" httprange-14 replacement

On 2/17/2012 5:23 PM, David Booth wrote:
> I see the process as involving two steps:
>
> 1. Writing up the intent of the*existing*  httpRange-14 resolution as an
> actual protocol specification that is more clear and complete than the
> terse email announcement of the original resolution.

Well, I think that would be a plausible way to go, but it's not quite the
process the TAG considered and agreed to going back as far as late 2011
[1]. Perhaps that's where the "thrashing" in this thread is coming from:
Jonathan first proposed a process, got agreement on that process, and is
now following through on the steps in that process. You seem to be asking
him now to insert and additional first step, which is the one you propose
above.

Now, Jonathan has of course done quite a bit of writing, e.g. [2], about
the various protocols people have proposed, including the use of 303, but
in any case I'm not convinced it's fair to ask him to do more now.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Nov/0034.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/latest/