Re: Comments on draft "baseline" httprange-14 replacement

(as chair...)

I don't claim to be sufficiently versed in the nuances of this to have a
well formed opinion on Jonathan's text on the merits, but:

 From a process point of view, Jonathan's text is offered as a baseline to
be used in an invitation for change proposals. I think the tradition, in
groups such as the HTML WG, is that change proposals can range from minor
tweaks, to complete replacements of the proposed text.

That being the case, why is it appropriate now to further delay the
publication of the call for change proposals while trying to resolve the
specific differences around Jonathan's text? Might it not be more effective
to encourage Jonathan to publish the change proposal and baseline
immediately, and thereby invite others (including of course you, David) to
offer alternative text that you believe might be more acceptable to the
community as a whole?

Thank you.

Noah