Re: Logging out from Facebook

Le 25 sept. 2011 à 13:59, L. David Baron a écrit :
> That said, I keep hearing about how sites are or may be using other
> methods to track users (flash local shared objects, fingerprinting),
> possibly in combination with each other.

Yup and each time we create a mechanism to block, the ads
industry will decipher another hole for tracking users.
It is a tough issue a bit like spam. On one side a powerful
distributed industry which really wants to track users
across sites; on the other side not enough people with a
will (or conscience) to not be tracked.

Interesting experiment of the day.
Start a clean profile of your browser
(for example with Opera, you can do on the command line
   /Applications/Opera.app/Contents/MacOS/Opera -ps foo&
)

Then go to http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/view
Use the browser for one day, as you would normally do.
Then go again to http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/view
And it will shows how you have been categorized after one day
of browsing on the Web and this only for DoubleClick

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/