From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Phillips, Addison
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 7:18 AM
To: Noah Mendelsohn; Jonathan Rees
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Subject: RE: Any update on TAG request?

Hi Noah,

Thanks for this. I am writing a response to Larry's note, but haven't had time to finish it today. I hope to send it in the morning.

Our concern is that we have two possible somewhat-mutually-exclusive courses of action regarding normalization and it would be best if the current crop of high-profile specs embraced one or the other. The I18N WG would like to clarify and publish a real CR for Charmod-Norm supporting what the Web actually does. We look to TAG to help provide that guidance by reviewing the alternatives and helping us make the better recommendation (based on practicality and on the needs of the Web as a community).

Please let me know what, if any, information would be helpful. Please note that, in the email referenced below, "reference [4]" is actually "reference [3]".

Addison