Re: RDF Web Applications WG Position on RDFa/Microdata Task Force

On 03/08/2011, at 3:26 PM, Nathan wrote:

> Cameron Heavon-Jones wrote:
>> What the data-* attributes do bring to HTML over-and-above other markup solutions is their immediate targeting and application  of CSS styles and rules, something which is completely missed from any discussion on data, its identity and computational comprehension.
>
> Perhaps I miss understand, you can still use CSS selectors on both RDFa and Microdata?

Yes, i was thinking more along the lines where the attribute name is a valid selector and can be used in addition with an optional value. This isn't really possible with microdata and rdfa when declaration is spread across multiple attributes. With a notational attribute name there may also be the potential for greater integration with CSS, the complexity of triples is difficult to merge down.

I put these ideas forward prematurely so as to open room for alternative ideas as early as possible.

Thanks,
Cameron Jones